More than 100 people have been isolated and are under monitoring after coming into contact with an imported Ebola case involving a Congolese man who died in the country while seeking treatment.
Government, however, says none of the contacts has so far shown any Ebola symptoms, and all remain stable.The
Uganda–Democratic Republic of Congo border in Kanungu District has been temporarily closed following an Ebola outbreak in eastern DR Congo early this week.
The closure affects the Ishasha and Kyeshero border points, which serve as the main official entry and exit routes between Kanungu District and DR Congo.
Kanungu Resident District Commissioner Ambrose Amanyire said the decision was reached during a meeting of the district Ebola task force held on Monday, where leaders resolved to suspend cross-border movement as a precautionary public health measure.
According to Amanyire, all movement of people through the affected border points has been halted until the situation stabilises. At the same time, district authorities have launched extensive community sensitisation campaigns on Ebola symptoms and prevention.



